Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Alhambra de Granada

This summer I was part of a road movie. I went to the Lisbon Urban Sketchers Symposium and decided I will be back by back to Germany back by cars, buses and trains. This not a linear story so I will just tell one random chapter and you should put the pieces together at the end.
You find me in a car with Luis Ruiz and his family direction to Alhambra...
Luis Ruiz is a fellow Urban Sketcher whose work is amazing. You can see his blog here. It was an honor when he proposed me to go there together.
We went to the Alhambra with the goal to draw such a beautiful place. I think both were still feeling the euphoria of the Symposium... like we can draw everything now.
We wanted specially to draw the Lion's courtyard. You only have 30 minutes to visit the Nazaree Palast, so we walked fast expecting to arrive soon to the courtyard and have more time to draw. It was a big deception when we discover that the courtyard is in restoration..... :-(
So here is my drawing with the tittle.. lion's courtyard without lions
Alhambra 01
But of course it is not the only beautiful place in La Alhambra
Alhambra 02
Alhambra06
here some paramedics feeding the birds
Alhambra 05

No comments:

Post a Comment