Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wadi Wurayah, Fujeira, UAE

I was contacted by Nesrine from the World Wildlife foundation to visit the place. She saw me at the Pecha Kucha Night in Dubai and asked me if I would like to see the the Wadi Wurajah.
A wadi is a valley where little water runs or a dry riverbed. Wadi Wurajah is a natur park with an endangered fauna and flora and as Nesrine said, one of the most beautiful places of the UAE.
My friend Phillip came with me. He was visiting me from Germany for a few days. He is also a landscape architect and he was very interested to see this exceptional landscape, too.
The experience was fantastic. After a great road trip through different Emirates, We met aNesrine at the Badyia Mosque in Fujeira. We move to Naessrine car a 4x 4 adn drive though the dry river bed. The landscape was amzing the Wadi ius full of colors.
Wadi Fujeira01
Wadi fujeira02

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing watercolours of that interesting landscape!

    ReplyDelete