Monday, March 18, 2013

Mysore Architecture

The most impressive building in Mysore is the Mysore Palace. A beautiful example of the mix of British and Indian architectural styles.
Mysore Palast
I used for this watercolor a new Stillman & Birn Hardbound Beta Sketchbook. It is 21.6 x 27.9) a little smaller than A4) Therefore quite easy to scan later. When I travel I like to sketchbooks in different format, sizes and paper quality, but since books are heavy I just take with me an (14 x 21. cm) Alpha and a (21.6 x 27,9 cm) Beta.
Mysore street
What I like about Mysore is the small scales of the buildings and the presence of many vintage signs on buildings. The tower you see in the back is the minaret of a mosque.

3 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your Indian sketches. You have certainly captured the colours and elements well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I am looking forward to meet you in Barcelona!

      Delete
  2. The colours are gorgeous, and I can almost feel the heat!

    ReplyDelete