Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moleskine exchange




I always forget to write about things, and never wrote the last news about the Moleskine exchange. Well, there is going to be an exhibition in Minnesotta, USA, next year from january to march with some of the group's books in the Moleskine exchange. Our group is going to participate with Roberts Moleskine.
As soon as we knew that, we are trying to speed the work in the Moleskine. Ramires (Brasil) and I have been preparing our works so that we won't loose more that 2 days work on the moleskine. Of course we still have to wait for the post but I guess express post is worth it!
So I'm ready. I had worked in the last days with Roberts portrait. I wanted to try acrylics. I was inspired by the nice works from Ramires and Tim.
I started painting a middle tone background and from them working the dark and light areas. I struggled with the tecnic but I 'm quite happy with the result. I was really a surprice! I guess I made many mistakes by working but I learned a lot with them to. The good thing about acrylic is that you can always paint over it.
I left the painting to rest for a few days and then I make some corrections I found appropiate. I draw myself with a golden caligraphic marker and made some skratches with a cutter to get Roberts beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment